Workshop (to be held in conjunction with EDOC 2011 from 29th August to 2nd September 2011 in Helsinki, Finland.
Topics for Discussion
During the workshop we will discuss the following topics:
1. Alignment of the enterprise goals and strategy with the service-oriented enterprise architecture
– Which interdependencies exist between services and business strategy?
– Which concepts and methods are necessary to align services with the business strategy?
– Which new potentials to reengineer business processes are created by services?
– How are non-functional requirements derived from enterprise goals and strategy?
– How are services aligned with non-functional requirements?
– How are services aligned with compliance requirements?
– Are the compliance and governance requirements enforced using service-oriented enterprise architectures?
2. Design of service-oriented enterprise architecture
– How are business, software, platform and infrastructure services defined?
– How are business services assigned to business processes?
– How are business services assigned to non-functional requirements?
– How are service (value) nets -consisting of business, software, platform and infrastructure services- created?
– How does service-oriented enterprise architecture interrelate with cloud computing?
– How do meta-services differentiate for business, software, platform and infrastructure services?
– How are appropriate meta-services designed?
– Which phases do the lifecycle of business, software, platform and infrastructure services contain?
– How can the fulfilment of non-functional requirements be monitored?
– Which benchmarks and key performance indicators should be applied to services?
– Which approaches exist for the continual improvement of services?
3. Mapping of service-oriented enterprise architecture to enterprise resources
– Which resources are relevant for Service-oriented Enterprise Architecture?
– How are services mapped to enterprise resources?
– Which approaches exist to map services to resources?
– Which information system architectures are adequate for services?
– How can non-functional requirements be mapped to capacity planning of resources?