Position in Service Science, Management, and Engineering (SSME)
The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, invites applications for one position of Associate Professor or Assistant Professor for SSME at the Department of Computer Systems and Communications.
|Applications due:||January 31, 2016|
|Employment start date:||By mutual agreement; position available immediately|
- Key role in leading SSME courses; details about SSME study field on ssme.fi.muni.cz/en.
- Expected to strengthen and expand the SSME study field and its theoretical grounds.
- Identify, propose, and lead R&D projects in SSME, including international ones.
- PhD supervision and consultancy.
- Managing existing industrial cooperation in the area and incubate new ones.
- Depending on the respective position category: either a PhD or habilitation (“venia docendi” or equivalent) in Informatics or related discipline.
- Particularly for the Assistant Prof. position: prerequisites for quick progress for a higher qualification degree (habilitation) expected.
- Keen teaching interest in SSME issues, namely ICT services orchestration; acquainted with ITIL, SOA and new trends.
- Teaching capabilities in project and knowledge management, interests in fundamental and applied development in these areas.
- Abilities for PhD supervision, experience with supervision strongly preferred.
- Experience from projects/work with/in industry; experience with research project leadership is high benefit.
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Further skills (qualification) in related areas (economics, management, human resources) are seen as an advantage.
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome.
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak Republics (at least half a year).
Applicants should submit:
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience;
- publication activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the SSME area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be sent to:
Address: Faculty of Informatics MU, Personnel Department
602 00 Brno