A proposal for establishing the serviciology, i.e. the science & the teaching about the service as such, has been compiled at end of the year 2014. It has been explained & illustrated in the slide deck below.
By systematically developing & permanently establishing the discipline of serviciology shall be created the terminological & conceptual, methodical & practical foundations for reliable & cost-efficient service providing management (= servuction management).
Part 01 of this venture deals with
- the service terminology, starting with the derivation & definition of the term ‘service’
- the service characteristics that must be comprehensively allowed for
- the service consumer as the mission critical role for any & every service rendering
- the identification of service types with its basics & method
- the specification of service quality with its basics & method
- the service taxonomy for categorizing different service types
- the service providing modell comprising
- >> the 4 main roles & their interactions
- >> the servuction environment & the servuction process
Based on the feedbacks & comments, incitements & suggestions, corrections & complements out of the community, this fundamental part will be advanced & detailed, completed & improved. Further parts of the serviciology will be worked out & framed in appropriate documentations.