re-blogged from AISWorld Digest Vol. 118 Issue 1
ERISS, the European Research Institute in Service Science, part of the
Department of Information Management, Tilburg University, is seeking a
highly motivated and dedicated PhD candidate to work on exceedingly
challenging, interdisciplinary research projects at the intersection of
software service systems and cloud computing.
You will have the opportunity to work in an international environment and
collaborate with and visit a number of high-profile researchers from
universities and research institutes all over Europe.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
* An excellent Masters degree/PhD Degree (avg. over 8/10) in Computer
Science, Information Systems or a closely related field;
* Programming skills in languages such as Java, PHP, Perl and/or C ;
* Web Service programming skills and XML;
* Strong formal background (mathematics, logic, etc.);
* Very good communication and writing skills in English;
* Knowledge and experience within the fields of SOA, business process
management and cloud computing, and software modeling and development skills
will be highly rated.
Candidates should be able to work in a collaborative environment with a
strong commitment to achieving research excellence.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application to Alice
Kloosterhuis,A.M.Kloosterhuis@uvt.nl , including:
* A cover letter describing yourself and your interests;
* Soft copy of your publications (e.g. masterthesis,
* Your CV;
* Your transcripts;
* Proof of proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL test or IELTS) if English is
not your first language.
The position is available with immediate effect.
Dr. Francesco Lelli
the European Research Institute in Service Science,
Department of Information Systems and Management