As you know, there is a growing academic and societal need for the integration of academic activities among themselves and with Society, including private and public sectors. An increasing number of academics have noticed the importance of integrating Research, Education, and Problem Solving among themselves and with societal and corporate real life problems. To address these integrating processes is the purpose of the 2nd International Symposium on Integrating Research, Education, and Problem Solving: IREPS 2012 (http://www.2012iiisconferences.org/ireps), to be held in Orlando, Florida, USA, on March 25 – 28, 2012, jointly with ICETI 2012 (http://www.2012iiisconferences.org/iceti), ICSIT 2012 (http://www.2012iiisconferences.org/icsit), and IMCIC 2012 (http://www.2012iiisconferences.org/imcic)
The submission deadline for the four collocated events is November 23rd, 2011.
Some of the suggested topics are the following:
• Relationships between research and teaching. Teaching via collaborative research.
• Relationships between research and practice or consulting
• Relationships between teaching and practice or consulting
• Integrating research, teaching and consulting or practice
• Relationships between academic informing sciences and informing engineering
• Integrating Informing Science and Informing Engineering
• Action research applied to academic activities
• Research design
• Academic systems engineering
• Educational systems engineering
• Organizational engineering applied to educational or research organizations.