Prof. Henry Chesbrough, Executive Director, Center for Open Innovation, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, is well known for his work on both open innovation (http://www.openinnovation.net) and service science.
On Jan. 18th 2011, his new book comes out combining the two “Open Services Innovation”. Those interested in this topic may also enjoy the following:
(1) A brief introduction to the book (http://www.openinnovation.net/featured/to-innovate-think-of-your-business-as-a-service/)
(2) His forthcoming Sloan Management Review piece: (http://sloanreview.mit.edu/the-magazine/articles/2011/winter/52211/bringing-open-innovation-to-services/),
(3) A forbes.com Thought Leader interview with him (http://bit.ly/hmVMvI),
(4) An Amazon video of him discussing the book (http://www.vimeo.com/17699422), and
(5) A Bloomberg/BW debate on China’s rising innovation capability (http://bit.ly/gXVrow).